21. When will you come to my house? I can’t wait _______ you.
A. meet B. met C. to meet D. meeting
22. No one enjoys _______ at.
A. laughing B. to laugh C. being laughed D. to be laughed
23. -Many girls like _______ sweaters in autumn.
-Yes, they are pretty in them.
A. wearing B. dressing C. putting on D. bringing
24. After finishing his homework he went on _______ a letter to his parents.
A. write B. writing C. wrote D. to write
25. He’s never rude. I think he’s one of the most _______ boys in his class.
A. polite B. healthy C. beautiful D. strong
26. Writing stories and articles _______ what I enjoy most.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
27. I _______ from my pen friend every two weeks.
A. hear B. get C. receive D. see
28. Would you mind _______ quiet for a moment? I’m trying _______ a form.
A. keeping; filling out B. to keep; to fill out
C. keeping; to fill out D. to keep; filling out
29. You cannot imagine how much I ______ on this dress. Is it beautiful?
A. paid B. took C. cost D. spent
30. Tom likes playing the guitar and he enjoys dancing _______.
A. however B. as well C. either D. again
31. I _______ the hospital at eight o’clock this morning.
A. reached to B. went C. arrived at D. got
32. Be careful when you come _______ the street, because the traffic is very busy at the moment.
A. across B. behind C. between D. over
33. We _______ hands _______ each other and sat down.
A. shake; with B. shake; for C. shook; with D. shook; for
34. The magazines are _______ easy that the children can read them well.
A. such B. so C. too D. very
35. I think basketball is _______. I like to watch it.
A.boring B. bored C. exciting D. excited
People use different ways to communicate. We communicate with each other not only through 36 but through body language. Because body language is so 37 , you’ll have to know what yours is saying and what other people’s is saying. Here are some 38 of body language and its meaning in North America.
If you drop down heavily and your head is down, this could 39 that you are sad or not happy. If you sit with a smiling face and look 40 , you are expressing friendliness.
A smile is a way of expressing friendliness and interest. But people 41 smile just to be polite.
Friendliness and interest are expressed when a person’s eyes 42 yours especially when you’re the one who’s talking. A person who doesn’t 43 you is expressing that he is not interested or is shy.
Hand gestures can mean a person is interested in the conversation. But 44 movements, like hitting a pencil lightly against something again and again, often mean the person is nervous or not patient. 45 someone who point at you while talking with you-that person might be angry at you or feel better than you.
36. A. actions B. gestures C. words D. smiles
37. A. important B. difficult C. easy D. funny
38. A. suggestions B. examples C answers D. problems
39. A. mean B. know C. find D. guess
40. A. worried B. surprise C. disturbed D. relaxed
41. A. sometimes B. never C. hardly D. seldom
42. A. see B. avoid C. meet D. watch
43. A. believe B. care about C. laugh at D. look at
44. A. excited B. repeated C. crazy D. strange
45. A. Look forward to B. Stand close to C. Stay away from D. Get along with
If the eyes are the windows of the soul, then the body is the mirror of our feelings. If we are feeling great, we may give our body signals(信號). If we look at someone else’s body, we can often tell how they are feeling by their body signals. So reading body language signals is a great tool in daily communication.
In case(假使) you think that learning how to read and use body language is not important, here are some numbers for you. 7% of the information we receive is from what people actually say, and 38% of the information we receive is from the tone(語氣) and the speed of their voice; while 55% of the information we receive is from their body language.
These non-verbal(非口頭的) signals will help you a lot, but you still need to focus on what people are saying. If you focus too much on their body language signals, you and the person may feel uncomfortable. It is useful to be able to read people’s body language, but it is useful to learn how to send the right signals and avoid the wrong signals too. Body language may be given several interpretations. Many signals have different meanings, depending on the person and the situation. Be sure of it when you are trying to read a body language signal.
46. The numbers mentioned in the second paragraph are to _______.
A. explain what body language is
B. show the importance of body language
C. tell us body language is less used than verbal language
D. tell us body language is the only tool in communication
47. What is the meaning of the underlined sentence in the last paragraph?
A. Body language is widely used all over the world.
B. Body language can be explained in different ways.
C. It’s too hard to understand the meanings of body language.
D. People have already looked through many books on body language.
48. According to the writer, body language is very _______.
A. simple to learn B. negative to be used
C. hard to understand D. helpful in communication
49. According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?
A. Body language is uncomfortable.
B. What people are saying is not important.
C. Body language can show your emotion.
D. Body language will never express wrong signals.
50. We can infer(推斷) that the writer will most probably talk about _______ next.
A. what the wrong body language signals are
B. examples of how to understand body language correctly
C. numbers about how many people wrongly use body language
D. an analysis(分析) of why people wrongly understand body language
The plane took off. A passenger needed a cup of water to take his medicine. An air hostess(空姐) told him that she would bring him the water soon. But the air hostess was so busy that she forgot to bring him the water. As a result, the passenger couldn’t take his medicine on time. About half an hour later, she hurried over to him with a cup of water, but he refused it.
In the following hours, each time she passed by the passenger, she would ask him with a smile whether he needed help or not. But the passenger never paid notice to her.
When it was time to get off the plane, the passenger asked her to hand him the passengers’ booklet(留言簿), she was very sad. She thought that he would write down bad words in it, but with a smile she handed it to him.
Off the plane, she opened the booklet and then smiled. The passenger put it, “In the past few hours, you have asked me whether I needed help or not for twelve times in all. How can I refuse your twelve faithful(真誠的) smiles?”
51. The passenger travelled _______.
A. by train B. by bus C. by ship D. by air
52. Why did the air hostess not bring the passenger the water?
A. Because she didn’t want to do so. B. Because she was too busy and she forgot it.
C. Because he told her not to do so. D. Because another hostess had done it.
53. Which of the following is the correct order?
?、賂he passenger asked for a cup of water.
?、赥he passenger wrote something on the booklet.
?、跿he hostess brought the water to the passenger.
?、躎he hostess handed the booklet to the passenger with a smile.
?、軹he hostess felt happy when she saw the words.
A. ①②③④⑤ B. ①③④②⑤ C. ⑤④③①② D. ③①④②⑤
54. How long was the flight of the passenger?
A. A few hours. B. Half an hour. C. Twelve minutes D. An hour.
55. What can we learn from the passage?
A. The hostess was very careless and lazy.
B. There was no water on the plane.
C. The passenger forgave(原諒) the hostess at last.
D. The hostess was angry at the passenger because he refused to speak to her.
56. I had to r_______ myself that being confident is not the same as being perfect!
57. Students are expected to master a second l_______.
58. I don’t think they would a_______ that view.
59. Would you like to leave a m_______?
60. It was clear that she wanted to discuss some private m_______.
61. Our host _______(shake) each of us warmly by the hand.
62. She was no longer _______(sure) how she felt about him.
63. What were your first _______(impression) of college?
64. We have been working very hard, and our families have _______(also) worked hard.
65. They will _______(take place) on January 15th.
微笑是一種態度。請你以“Learn to Smile”為題，為你?！隊⒂鐫暗亍沸匆黃惱?。
21. C can’t wait to do sth.意為“迫不及待地做某事”，是固定短語，故選C項。
22. C 句意：沒有人喜歡被嘲笑。enjoy doing sth.“喜歡做某事”，根據句意知此處應用被動語態，故選C項。
23. A wear“穿著”，表狀態，賓語應為衣服;dress“給(某人)穿衣服”，表動作，賓語應為人;put on“穿上”，表動作，賓語應為衣服;bring“帶來”。由上句句意“許多女孩喜歡在秋天穿毛衣”可知此處表狀態，且賓語sweaters為衣服，故應選A項。
24. D go on doing sth.“繼續做同一件事”;go on to do sth.“繼續做另一件事”，故選D項。
25. A polite“有禮貌的”;healthy“健康的”;beautiful“美麗的”;strong“強壯的”。由前句句意“他從來都不粗魯”可知后句句意為“我認為他是班里最有禮貌的學生之一”，故選A項。
26. A 單個動名詞短語作主語，謂語動詞用單數形式，根據句意“寫故事和文章是我最喜歡的”可知，這說明了一個客觀事實，應用一般現在時，故選A項。
27. A hear from sb.“收到某人的來信”，為固定短語，故選A項。
28. A mind doing sth.“介意做某事”;try doing sth.“試著做某事”。
29. D spend some money on sth.“在某物上花費金錢”。
30. B however“然而”;as well“也”;either“也”，用于否定句中;again“又;再”。句意為“湯姆喜歡彈吉他，他也喜歡跳舞”，故選B項。
31. C reach“到達”，為及物動詞，直接接地點，排除A項;go“去”，不及物動詞，go to...表示“去……”，排除B項;arrive at“到達”，后接較小的地點;get“獲得”。句意為“我今天上午8點到達醫院”。故選C項。
32. A across the street“橫穿街道”。
33. C shake hands with sb.“和某人握手”，由句中動詞sat可知句子用一般過去時，shake的過去式是shook，故選C項。
34. B so...that…“如此……以至于”。
35. C boring意為“厭煩的，無恥的”，常修飾物;bored意為“厭煩的，不感興趣的”，常修飾人;exciting意為“令人興奮的”，常修飾物;excited意為“激動的”，常修飾物。根據I like to watch it.可知應選C項。
36. C 根據上下文，這里講的是交流的方式，下文提到肢體語言，所以選擇words(言語，話語)。
37. A 根據上下文可以判斷肢體語言是一種很重要的交流方式，所以選important。
38. B 下文開始舉例說明一些肢體語言在北美洲的含義。
39. A 根據句意可以判斷出，當你低著頭的時候，意味著(mean)你難過或者不開心。
40. D 根據句意，當你臉上有笑容或者看起來很放松(relaxed)的時候，你在表示自己的友好。
41. A never“從不”;hardly“幾乎不”;seldom“很少，不常”，句子意思是說有時候(sometimes)人們微笑只是出于禮貌。故選A。
42. C see“看見，領會”;avoid“避免”;watch“觀察，注視”，與句意不符。選擇meet此處可以理解為眼神相遇、交匯。
43. D believe“相信”;care about“關心”;laugh at“嘲笑”;look at“看”。句子意思為一個人不看你說明他對你不感興趣，或者他很害羞。
44. B 從句子中的again and again(一次又一次)可以判斷這里選擇repeated(反復的，再三的)。
45. C look forward to“期待，期盼”;stand close to“靠近……站著”;stay away from“躲避，離……遠點”;get along with“與某人和睦相處”。由句意“與你談話的時候指著你的人可能覺得自己比你強或者對你感到很生氣”可知，應遠離這個人，故選C。
46. B 從第二段第一句可看出答案。
47. B 由Many signals have different meanings, depending on the person and the situation.可知。
48. D 從So reading body language signals is a great tool in daily communication可看出作者的觀點。
49. C 從短文第一段可得出答案C。
50. B 先說明然后舉例，接下來作者可能介紹如何正確理解肢體語言。
51. D 由第一段第一、二句The plane took off. A passenger needed a cup of water to take his medicine.可知這位乘客是乘飛機旅行。
52. B 由第一段中的But the air hostess was so busy that she forgot to bring him the water.可知選B。
53. B 通讀全文可知答案。
54. A 由文中的In the following hours或In the past few hours可知答案。
55. C 由最后一段乘客在留言簿上的留言可知，乘客最后原諒了空姐。而其他三項均與原文不符。
56. remind 句意：我得提醒自己表現得自信和表現得完美并不是一回事!
57. language 句意：學生們要掌握一門第二語言。
58. accept 句意：我認為他們不會接受那種觀點。
59. message 句意：您要留言嗎?
60. matters 句意：很明顯，她想談些私事。
61. shook 句意：主人熱情地和我們每個人握手。
62. sure 句意：她不再確定自己對他的看法。
63. impressions 句意：你對大學的第一印象是什么?
64. also 句意：我們一直很努力工作，并且我們的家人也努力工作。
65. take place 句意：它們將會在1月15日發生。
One possible version:
Learn to Smile
Smile is an attitude towards life. We should face everything with smile.
In our life, there may be something unpleasant. For example, you fail an examination; or you are misunderstood by your friends. These things may make you feel bad. Then what will you do? Why not learn to smile? Smile to yourself can bring back your confidence and forget the unhappy feelings. Sometimes your greatest enemy is yourself. Most important of all, smiling benefits your health.
We should also learn to smile to others, and it will help us to get closer to other people. Therefore, smile is the most widely understood language.
Let’s learn to smile, I believe our world will be more wonderful and our life will be happier and happier.